Digital X- Ray
Digital x-rays are quickly becoming adopted by a large percentage of the dental industry. A digital x-ray allows the dentist to take an image of the tooth or teeth and put it into an imaging program. Within this imaging program, there are a number of tools that will allow the dentist to take a very close look at the teeth and surrounding structures with amazing accuracy. As a benefit to the patient, the digital x-ray also provides nearly 80% less radiation than a standard x-ray. This is due to the fact that the digital version of the x-ray is much more sensitive to this radiation and has been specifically designed with the patient in mind.
The intraoral camera is an amazing diagnostic tool for viewing different angles in the mouth that we would not have been able to just a few years ago. The camera gives us the ability to view the entire mouth on a monitor so that we can get a closer look at any potential issues or problems that may arise. In addition, the patient will have the ability to see for themselves first hand the same images we are seeing. These digital images are also excellent for gaining procedure acceptance from insurance companies.
- Perform gum surgery without the need for needles and no bleeding or stitches, being able to eat, drink and talk right after surgery with no discomfort.
- Fill teeth without the need for needles, being able to eat and talk and chew right after fillings.
- Remove decay from small fillings and replace them with the natural color of your tooth.
- Perform dentistry without the need for a drill!
- Sterilize your restoration and gum tissue as it is healing